Tuesday 24 December 2013

August 6, 2011 - Spokane @ Vancouver - Jesse Hernandez pitches a gem on Hall of Fame and Fireworks Night - with KP Wee calling the action

During the 2011 Vancouver Canadians championship season, I was fortunate enough to work in the Media Relations Department and one of my biggest thrills was having the opportunity to call a few innings of an August 6 game at historic Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver, BC.

It was also Hall of Fame and Fireworks Night at the ballpark, and after I was done with my media tasks, I was asked to broadcast the sixth inning of the ballgame. I was not prepared for it but jumped at the opportunity. When the seventh inning came, I was ready to leave the booth but they liked my work enough that they gave me the chance to broadcast the rest of the game.

It was certainly one of my most memorable nights at the ballpark. Fortunately, I did record the broadcast on my own and I have decided to post it here:

This link here is the sixth inning of the ballgame, with Canadians pitcher Jesse Hernandez pitching a gem against the Spokane Indians.

This next link here is the play-by-play call of the final three innings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment